APPLYING FOR STUDENT VISA IN WASHINGTON D.C.
GET THE GUIDANCE YOU NEED FROM OUR IMMIGRATION LAWYER
The U.S. offers a wide range of excellent schools and universities that individuals from around the world dream about attending. To obtain this opportunity, individuals outside the US must navigate the immigration legal system. If you are interested in studying in America, our Washington D.C. immigration attorney at the Fisher Legal Group can help you achieve your goals with our award winning legal counsel.
To qualify for a student visa, you must adhere to the following:
- Enrollment in an academic, language-training, or vocational program
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Proficiency in English or be enrolled in English courses
- Enough funding for self-support during your time at school
- Maintain residence abroad
Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program and Immigration in order for your visa to qualify.
Need help applying for a student visa? Contact our Washington D.C. immigration lawyer today!
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VISAS
Depending on what you plan on studying and what school you wish to attend, you may need to apply for different student visas. The two student visas available are very different when determining what you want to do with your time in the U.S.
The two student loans visas have very unique functions:
- The F-1 visa – lets a person enter the U.S. as a full time student to an accredited school. You must be enrolled with the intention of receiving a degree, a diploma, or certificate.
- The M-1 visa – available to students in vocational or other nonacademic programs
Knowing what you would like to study and what your goals are beforehand can help you determine what visa best applies to your needs.
WE PROVIDE AWARD WINNING LEGAL SERVICE
The Fisher Legal Group are dedicated to helping you achieve your dream of studying in the U.S. For more information on how we can efficiently service your needs, contact our Washington D.C. firm and speak with one of our immigration lawyers. Start your academic career and abroad experience on the right foot.
Call our firm at (202) 350-2571 and request a free consultation!
Get your questions answered - Call for a free consultation or assessment of your
needs (202) 350-2571.